Friday, April 27, 2012

Why is my video card overheating so much?!?

This is ******* ridiculous, my ati radeon 4850 hd is overheating like crazy. It's at like 86-88 degrees celsius idle and when i play games like mass effect, bf 2142, etc. the temperature on my video shoots up to like 100-112 degrees celsius. I know that if a video card runs too hot the computer will off itself which is exactly what happens to me. I have a 120mm fan in the back, an antec vcool card right next to the damn video card, and a 80 mm fan in the front panel taking in air. The 120mm blows it out... So what the hell is going on? It's really getting on my ******* nerves. I apologize for the vulgar language but. my god, why would they sell a computer not meant to handle its own components?! Any advice would be much appreciated.|||Are you positive that your temperature readings are Celsius? I have never seen a card reach 234 degrees Fahrenheit. However, there could be quite a few things causing your problem. I would recommend removing your card from your case completely and thoroughly removing any dust. Be careful and be sure you are grounded before doing this. Otherwise, ATI has wonderful customer service that is more than qualified to walk you through your problem.



Good Luck!|||Hunter lang never said that you said it reached 234° F. he was just making a guess about the maximum temperature. Before bitching about how he didn't read your question and making a complete fool of yourself you should have read his answer more carefully.

Report Abuse


|||You suck|||Is the fan actually spinning? If not, replace that heat sink quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment