Thursday, April 26, 2012

Question about Video Card (Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT)?

I've owned the video card going on two years now and just this morning I noticed that it was making a humming noise coming from my video card fan. The best way to describe it is that I at first thought it was someone mowing their lawn with a weed wacker outside.



To my dismay it was my computer. I hadn't cleaned it in some time, so I bought some dust-off and unhooked everything including my video card and gave my entire rig a good dusting.



Put the video card back in and I still have the same problem. I lowered the temperature in the room, and I still have the same problem. It stands at 65c on idle, but when I browse it has jumped to 75c which seems odd. The airflow in the computer isn't the greatest, but it's never posed a problem until this morning.



My question is, what steps should I take to fix the problem?|||Vid card chart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCRPWe2yU…



Low wattage PSU's and GPU's Guide ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTQoH-j5K…|||Better change the graphic card to nvidia geforce 9600 GT.

There may be some problem with the graphic card fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment