Thursday, April 26, 2012

How can you tell if your video card is going out?

Started blinking rapidly while I was playing a game. I rebooted, noticed then that a little temperature box popped up stating that my machine was at about 117 degrees. I tried rebooting again, logged back in the game, the flickering boxes happened again, so I rebooted yet again. I walked away from the computer kind of stressed and wondering what was going on. Are these the systems of a video card going out? Or was my machine just not getting enough air from the fans to cool it?|||the fan on your video card might've died off and may need a replacement. you can usually buy 3rd party coolers that are higher performing than the stock cooler than came w/ the video card.



the flickering textures u see are called "artifacts" and they occur when either

A) you overclocked your video card

B) your video card is overheating

C) your video card is not recieving enough power from your power supply.



...but for u...its most likely B|||I would check the fan to see if it still working. Looks to me at 117 degree is kind of hot for a computer. Replace the fan first.

No comments:

Post a Comment