Thursday, April 26, 2012

Question about my new Radeon HD 4350 512MB video card? Temperature?

Okay so today I installed my new video card in a Radeon HD 4350 512MB.



When I touched it, it felt very hot.



I did a reading using the program called GPU-Z and I was wondering if this is too hot?



GPU Core Clock = 110.0MHZ



GPU Memory Clock = 396.0 MHZ



GPU Temp. = 75 C



Fan Speed = 30%



GPU Load = 3%



Fan Speed = --RPM



GPU Temp #1 = 73 C



GPU Temp #2 = 64 C|||Those are normal temperatures.|||That is very hot for not being under load. Have you checked to see if the fan is actually spinning? If so, it seems that either theres no thermal paste under your heat sink or the heat sink on the card is loose you could try refitting the heatsink but you would need some thermal paste to do so, there are many guides on the internet for basic installation a heat sink. But if the card is new and you do not want to mess with it yourself I would contact the manufacturer and request that it be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment