Thursday, April 26, 2012

Can high setting ruin my video card?

Hi everyone , I've got 7600GS video card, I ran crysis benchmark and set all the settings to max, I got 6-5 FPS , but my question is ..

can that ruin my video card or my pc either?

I monitored the temperature while it was running and it was about 75 F

my system:

e6500 @ 3 Ghz

7600GS

2gb

600W

win xp - sp3

btw: what should i need to upgrade except of my gpu ( cuz I'm planning to have the 9800gtx+ next month) to make my system a good one for hard core gaming?|||As long as the components in your system are sufficiently cooled, it cannot ruin your processor or video card. Most components have built in thermal protection which will shut them off if they get too hot.



Increasing the settings will just make the video card do more work. Your system might slow down from the extra resources needed but it is highly unlikely that anything will be damaged.|||Most video are design to run at high settings. You need proper cooling though. 75 F is kinda high, You should be ok. Airflow is important for your internal components. Dont let cables block the airflow in your case. Use cable ties to keep your case nice and neat.|||Check the system requirements, of the games you plan to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment