Friday, April 27, 2012

Need a program to monitor the temperature of my cpu, hd, video card, etc.?

I'm using ADS Pyro A/V Link along with Adobe Premiere Elements (version 1.0) to capture analog video (VHS and 8mm tapes) to my HD so I can burn the video to disk. The Pyro Link digitized the analog video and the Adobe software allows me to edit what I capture.



I've been having problems during the video capture process. While I'm capturing video my computer will suddenly reboot after several minutes into the capture process and I lose everything I've captured. I lost 45 minutes of captured video this past Friday.



I was told that this may be caused because my video card may be overheating during the capture process.



Therefore, I'd like to monitor the temperature of my video card, my HD, and my cpu during the capture process to determine if this is causing my computer reboot (and subsequent loss of captured video) problem. Thanks|||Your motherboard may have tools for this but I've not seen HD and video card monitors. I'd open the case and put a portable fan pushing air right into the case which even if it is getting hot normally that should give you a test if heat is the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment