Thursday, April 26, 2012

Is my video card temperature too high?

I have an Nvidia 8800gt and its at 61Celsius ( or 140 fahrenheit ) at idle

My intel core 2 duo processor is at 40c ( 104f ) at idle



I have heard it is recommended that neither go beyond 50c, which my processor seems to be following but my video card is not. I heard that at too high temperature could reduce the lifespan of hardware. I have two case fans in my PC but it doesn't seems to help my gpu, its at a constant 61c. Also I use my PC for gaming, which causes my gpu to rise considerably higher into the mid 70c, never beyond 75c. I would like to know if it is still fine to play under this kind of heat? I read around some forums and it said as long as its below 80c its fine? I just wanted to ask and get some questions directly and get a second opinion from someone.|||Nah that is fine, only when cards reach about 120C is there something to worry about, mine idles at about 70, and it works fine.|||OK average number, you should see today's GeForce temperature...



The lifespan argument is somewhat hogwash but as long as things don't blown up the house in fire....

No comments:

Post a Comment