Thursday, April 26, 2012

Video Card Temp?

What should a video card's temperature be when running idle to playing a game with intense graphics (ex. FEAR or Splinter Cell 4)? I have an ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512 MB with IceQ III Cooling system. I'm just curious because when I play those graphics intense games, the card runs fine. But today I was playing Halo and the damn thing froze up twice on me. And now it just occurred to me that I should know how hot the damn thing is running just for my knowledge.|||the normal running temp of a card is about 50-60c on idle so if around there its fine... but he reason your computer maybe freezing is the temp of your CPU... how hot dose it get when playing games? well if the CPU has stock cooling and your playing intense games then you should get a bigger fan for it|||Most likely it is not the CPU, but the RAM that is causing the bottleneck. It is unlikely that throttling of the GPU is the culprit. If you loosen the RAM timings, that may help. My GPU ran fine at 84c before I moved to water cooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment