Tuesday, April 24, 2012

What the max safe temperature for a video card?

So that there will be completely no chance to damage and last that it will last as long as it's supposed to.People say that they can go well over 100c, but will it shorten the lifespan of the video card; to be in such high temperature?



I have a NVIDIA Geforce 8400. I've been overclocking it and it seems to max at 85C. I need to know when to stop overclocking accordingly to the temperature. Thanks in advanced.|||It varies, some cards can go higher than others. I'd want it to stay under 80C, although overclocking something with such a weak GPU to begin with wouldn't make much difference. But I suppose an 8400GS costs very little anyway, so there's not much at risk.|||I have that exact card if u have the silent version like me attach a fan to the heat sink and appily some new thermal paste if u got some I managed to push a 100% overclock out of mine now it's running crysis on high graphics I get the odd bit of tear every now and then but not that often and mine only ever runs between 60-70 Neva seen it go above 70 but just stick below 80 if possable|||it depends on the cooling architecture of gpu.8400gs isnt very good at that and i also used to get temperatures of over 80 while playing.but my new card rarely crosses 67-70.

No comments:

Post a Comment