Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Video card temperature--I overclocked my ATI 3870 gpu card?

Its running from 110F to 120F degrees(43 to 49C). What temperature is too hot for most video cards. I know they run a little hotter than cpu's do. I have 2 case fans and a big cpu fan, also there is a heatsink and fan on the video card.|||You can get to around 70C before issues creep in (loss of driver response). The CCC should show you the red zone for the card. This red zone is what you do not want to get into. I have had mine up to 55C under load and have had no issues. Your temp is right in that sweet zone for this card as long as it does not reach 65+C under load.



If you think that it is too hot, you can try an after market fan for the card.|||43 to 49 is fine. For most video cards, 70+ is bad, but I try to stay below 55.

No comments:

Post a Comment