Friday, May 4, 2012

Is my video card overheating?

Laptop: HP Pavilion dv7-3065dx

Video card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200

Video card temperature: 65 c (148 f)



Long story short, I'm having a strange problem with Medal of Honor Allied Assault and other games I play. For some reason, Medal of Honor Allied Assault (Pretty old game) is causing my laptop to freeze up and its screen to turn black shortly after I start playing.



Company of Heroes, another game I tried, is causing my laptop to turn off!



In a failed attempt to fix the problem, I pretty much tried everything from reinstalling the game to reinstalling my video card driver.I even reinstalled DirectX, but nothing seem to be working.



Any idea what the problem is? Is my video card showing signs of overheating?



Thank you in advance.|||65c is a little warm but that's not too bad really, Have you tried running the games with a laptop cooler or a desktop fan pointed at it?



Moh is a real pain to run in modern computers I had similar problems when I upgraded my pc.

The way I fixed it is to copy the whole MOH directory from a working computer with the game installed over the top of the c:\programfiles\eaa mohaa\ main directory in my new system's MOH install. Sounds stupid but it worked for me.

As far as company of hero's go, see if there are any patches available on the game web site.|||Laptops, are not made for playing games.

No comments:

Post a Comment