Friday, May 4, 2012

My Palit GTX 295 video card has abnormal temperature?

My palit gtx 295 seems to have too high temperatures at idle mode. I'm using EVGA precision to monitor temperatures, it shows that my gpu's temperature are as follows.

Idle(desktop doing nothing) - 60-70ºC

Heavy Load(crysis warhead. maxed out. 1680x1050 res. no AA. vsync off) - 100-110ºC



My unit case is already open. and our area temperature is around 20-25ºC. My hardware is also clean and running at stock speeds. Any one who has the same problem as me?|||That's bad. Can you see the gpu fan and if it's working? At those temps, I'd assume that the fan is either stuck, or faulty. Can you hear the fan? the Palit GTX 295 has a really loud fan, so with the case open you should be able to hear it. Get that checked/replaced ASAP. I had a Palit 9600GT years ago that came with a broken fan. They usual use really cheap cooling solutions, so expect factory defects.



If the fan works ok, then I'd suggest you replace the thermal pad/paste with a better one. The one they use is usually awful solid stuff that probably causes overheats instead of preventing them. Buy ceramic-based compounds if you're a beginner since metallic ones may cause short circuits if you're not careful. Good brands are OCZ freeze, Zalman, Arctic Cooling, and Coolermaster. If those are too expensive for you then get a generic brand since anything would be better than the stock compound.



Hmmm.. well there's nothing more we can do without seeing your setup first. Fan positioning and the like, as well as the cooling solution for that card. The fan may also be working, but at suboptimal speeds, or there may be something blocking the pcie exhaust.



Anyway, that card should run at 50 degrees Celsius at idle up to 80 on load. That's pretty much the average. Anything above 90 could reduce the lifespan of the card. You could try underclocking it, if it worries you, or buy better cooling.|||I don't have a GTX 295 but it is hard to believe that it can even run without crashing at that temperature. You should get a computer expert to come over and take a look at that. Plus, I only use brands I've heard of, and I haven't heard of Palit.

No comments:

Post a Comment