Thursday, April 26, 2012

Problems with video card! help?

Recently after playing some games (with massive graphics, like Mass Effect 2), i have witnessed a problem.



After playing for some hours, the PC suddenly stops, and after it, the monitor view goes like this:



http://www.putimg.net/uploads/1269815355…



It wasn't exactly like this. I had to re-create the effect in Photoshop, because Print Screen seem not to detect this error.



Along with it a message "A critical error in your video card drive has been successfully fixed". yet, the problem persisted.



Everything ran perfectly during this error. I connected to Messenger, opened photoshop, everything, but with this mezzotinted effect running along.



And it wasn't static: the error "reacted" to movements at the monitor screen (like the mouse cursor), which makes me think the problem is at the Video Card.



Some other kinds of errors already happened when playing games, but it was momentary; errors like the monitor screen go like a off-air TV, or the colors turns bursted ( too hued )



Summarizing, a lots of error have been happening when playing 3D games for a long time.



My Video Card is GeForce 8600 GT 512 mb DDR2.



My current Video Card Temperature is 144ºF (62ºC).



Could you help me guys?|||If the pixelation persists (it stays after you reboot and especialy if it is there before you load windows) try changing the chord or try another monitor if you have one. This will probably not work but worth a shot. My guess your graphics card gave up. The 8 series GeForce is prone to overheating and dying (my 8800GT did the same thing).|||This looks like hardware failure. I would suggest not to put you graphics card under too much stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment