Thursday, April 26, 2012

How hot can my Video Card get?

I just got a new Video Card for my Desktop PC. I have some programs installed that tell me what the temperature of my hardware is.



I can view the temperature of my Processor, Hard Drives, and my new Video Card. However, I don't have super great airflow inside my PC. So I'm a bit worried about my Video Card burning out since I am somewhat of a gamer.



I have an:

-MSI NVidia GeForce 9600 GSO



So my question is:

How hot can this Card get until it reaches a "dangerous" temperature?







(Note: Yes, I'm quite aware that the temperature measuring software isn't always reliable!)|||Manufacturers often list a maximum operating temperature, above which the chip could potentially be damaged (the aforementioned 105C, 115C). That's useful, but you will probably find that the card will start generating visible artifacts, or errors, or crash, at temperatures somewhat lower than those maximum safe temperatures. For me, if I saw the card was regularly getting over about 95C, at the maximum, I would do something to improve the airflow in the case. (For many cards, it's normal for them to run around 85C under load.)|||i think dangerous temp is 60-70celsius|||115C is the threshold on 512MB, 768MB versions. 384MB versions is 105C

No comments:

Post a Comment