Friday, April 27, 2012

Video card temperature?

I recently bought an NVIDIA 8600GT that came factory overclocked to 580MHz GPU and 1.6GHz RAM. It came with an overclocking on screen display that shows the temperature to be around 65*C/149*F when idle. I haven't tried it on gaming yet, but is this too high? What is the max a video card can hit safely? I can change the fan speed, but I dont want to if I don't have to. Thanks!|||most graphics card run at 60-almost 70*c when idling and at about 90-95 when they are under stress, and changing the fan speed usually does not make a big enough difference|||That's fine. Video cards can hit 90C before it really starts to become a problem, they run much hotter than a CPU, but can easily take the extra heat. There's nothing to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment