Friday, April 27, 2012

Is my video card running at a good temperature when playing games?

I've got a ATI 5770 video card and i love everything about it. but i get worried if this card is overheating at times because of my case having only 2 fans 1 in the front and 1 in the back but it's a coolermaster case so it has pretty good airflow. when i look at my ATI overdrive settings to see the temperature after playing a game like BC2 for a couple of hours it stays at 57 C and when im not playing a game it's at around 40 C are the temperatures alright?|||Your fine dude. GFX cards start to lose performance at around 80°C-100°C and they usually fail at 110°C.



For a great little card like that, don't be worried if it runs a little hotter then average.



I have a ATI 5570 that idles at 55°C-60°C and stays under 80°C when gaming. It is a low profile card and it barely fits into my Gateway Slim Desktop. It is right up against the roof of my PC so my airflow isn't all that great. I get worried it will break all the time.



You have nothing to worry about compared to some of the problems others and I have.|||i have had problems with my video card before involving a fan and as long as it stays below 60 it should be fine

No comments:

Post a Comment