Friday, April 27, 2012

Video Card Crashing? nVidia 8800 GT?

Hi 2 years ago I built my computer and have had no problems until the last week. I hadn't updated my drivers since March and after my video card crashed (Image turns purplish and pixilated sound begins repeating) trying to play a new video game I decided to update them. After I updated them any other game I wanted to play/movie would crash my video card while before it would be just that one game.



Power is fine, temperature between, 40-50 degrees C

Seated correctly, tryed both VC slots



Downloaded driver sweeper, cleaned all remnents of my old reinstalled new drivers still crashed when playing video games.



Reinstalled windows with a slightly older video driver seemed to work then crashed again. Used driver sweeper and then windows wouldnt boot in safe mode or normally , I was getting a blue screen with:

0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8000985E251, 0xFFFFF98000A05898 in the stop message



The weirdest part about this was some times it would boot up and the video card would crash when I tryed playing a game or movie and othertimes it would keep going to the blue screen.



Currently I reinstalled my OS again, I havent downloaded any sort of updated and it took two restarts to get the system to load (First one crashed to the blue screen)



My Specs are:

Intel Duel Core

nForce 750i SLI FTW

GE Force 8800 GT

4 Gigs of Ram

Windows Vista 64x



I am really lost and anyone who would know more about this topic please help.

Thanks, Chris|||heres a few things you can try,

1. start a game and instead of relying on your temp monitor feel the heatsink to see if its hot.



2. download another copy of vista but recommend 7 from torrents or buy one or ask a friend.



3. uninstall the driver and try a small game see if that works like rollorcoaster tycoon, something like that.



4. RECOMMENCED-Format the drive completely and then install the OS, that usually works if not replay back.

No comments:

Post a Comment