Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Is my CPU and Video Card temperature on a good condition?

I have downloaded SpeedFan couple of weeks ago and monitored my Hardware Temperatures .. Don't know if this is true but i tried other temperature monitoring programs too and all of them were just the same .. xD .. by the way, I have my CPU ( Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80Ghz - which is now overclocked to 3.32Ghz ) temperature around 40C - 50C when not playing and 40C - 55C and sometimes 58C when I'm playing games .. my Video Card ( Nvidia GeForce 9500 ) temperature is around 50C - 55C and sometimes 58C when not playing and 50C - 60C when playing games .. there are times that it reaches 70C .. are they still on a good condition .. I am not worried of their temps when it's cool in my room when I turn on our Air Conditioner which makes my CPU temperature around 40C - 50C only and my video card around 50C - 60C .. please tell me if there is something wrong with them :)|||Technically speaking anything over 50C is hot for a PC,but practically up to 70C is acceptable.But keep in mind as time goes on it will get hotter, so if you can regularly keep cleaning your PC in a dust free condition as dust seriously hampers your cooling ability,Clean the fans and the Holes in your Chassis,Keep it well ventilated and you should be fine for now. I would advise you to Check the temperature control in your BIOS if it has one Coz it's the most reliable.You need not worry for now.|||No problem. You can go up to 74C. with those before worrying. Try Core Temp instead rather than Speedfan. I believe it (CoreTemp) to be more accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment