Thursday, April 26, 2012

Are these temperatures too hot for my video card?

I've got a Radeon HD 4870 x2, 2GB



On idle, I believe it's ok, it runs at around 55c

At full load, it runs at 90c, even using RivaTuner

I use HWMonitor to read the temperatures

The room temp is at 21c



My computer specs:



Xclio Windtunnel case

Mobo: EVGA X58

CPU: i7 965 @3.20 GHz

FAN: Thermaltake V1

RAM: 12GB Corsair XM3 Dominator

HD: 1TB + 500GB

GPU: Powercolor ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB

PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W

OS: Dual, XP Pro SP3 and Vista Extreme Edition R2



There are two 250mm on the side panel to vent the Hard Drives and the Video Card, and one 120mm exhaust fan on the back.|||90c is hell high temperature.It can be dangerous for your 3d card

average high temperature of your 3d card should be 70c not above from this.



Your temp is very good & your cooling system & exhaust system is also great



I think it is the problem of your 3d card acclaim for warranty or replace it with any other model



Try to Nvidia 3D cards I am using them in extremely hot weather & it only goes to 60c without any cooling system except i remain the case open|||All cards have different temp ratings but I would like to keep my card around 60C MAX-70



I would just speed up your fan speed when you are playing your games or whenever your GPU is on full load.

No comments:

Post a Comment