Friday, May 4, 2012

Is it possible that my pc restarts because of video card overheating?

Since I installed the latest drivers for my EAH 5670 video-card and had a Blue Screen of Death suggesting a hardware failure, my compure keeps restarting when I use applications that stress the video card like 3D games (BF BC2). At first I thought it was the processor overheating, so I changed the cooler and now that is not a concern anymore, but I noticed that the video card has a very high temperature, quickly raising at aprox 70C and probably more during the game. In the end the PC restarts(and I can anticipate this because the sound of the videocard cooler is like a chopper). In EVEREST Ultimate Edition I noticed that I have another device in the system that has a high temp(75-92C). It is called " Aux" and I don't know what device this is.

Is it possible that the video-card overheating is causing the PC restart.. even if I disabled the " enable overheat protection" feature from the AI manager?

Is it possible for the new software that caused the BSOD to be the cause of a hardware damage?... until then my PC worked just fine.. no temperature issues|||yes, it is possible, or it might because your power supply barely provides enough juice for your system.|||You should have bought a green card not red.

No comments:

Post a Comment