Friday, May 4, 2012

Video Card Temperature?

My Geforce 9800GT runs at 61 degrees Celsius, but when I play a game such as Command & Conquer Red Alert 3, My GPU goes all the way up to 79 degrees Celsius, which was the highest it went before I closed the game. Would this temperature be okay as it is or should i find a solution to make it more cooler?|||make it alot more cooler! would look at either a bigger case with lots of fans! my antec1200 keeps my system nice and cool and is not loud or you can go down the water cooling route!|||I don't know what will happen at that temp. But i do know that cooler is better. I don't think it will blow up or anything at that temp, but it's better for the performance and longevity if it's cooler.|||While cooler is better it's not uncommon for gpu/gfx cards to run at those temps at full load.I've had mine up to 90 C for over an hour without any damage(made a bit of noise though)



AMD/ATI HD 4850.|||i have the same video card, and it has always run hot. i'm not entirely sure why. rumors abound suggesting that the card's temp sensor produces faulty output, suggesting the card is hotter than it actually is, but who knows whether that is true or not.



in any case, i would not be overly concerned about it. if you routinely get into the mid 80s (C), it's probably time to clean the dust out of the heatsink. you can do this by unscrewing the painted aluminum cover plate that sits over the heatsink (and around the fan). the screws are small, so you may need an eyeglass screwdriver to loosen them.



once the heatsink cover is removed, used compressed air to blow out the dust. once you're done, simply screw the heatsink cover back in place.



i hope this helps; good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment