Friday, May 4, 2012

Is it normal for a video card to get very hot?

So I have recently installed the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX into my PC desktop. In case you are wondering, I installed it over an integrated card (so I really didn't have one in the beginning). It's now sitting in the PCI-e 16x port, it's working perfectly fine, I can play 3D games almost at max settings, but it is very hot. Behind my desktop (where all of the cables are hooked up) the VGA cable running from my CRT monitor is connected to a female-VGA-to-male-DVI adapter, and that is plugged into the video card. However, when I touch that spot where the video card is poking out, it is very hot. Not unbearably hot, but just hot. I'm new to video cards, so I don't know if this is normal or not. I'm just a bit worried that it may physically be melting other parts in my PC's motherboard with its temperature... I hope it's normal for video cards to do this. Is it?|||yes its absolutely normal, and good choice on an 8800. thats a great card, but they are like space heaters.





i went from a HD3650 to a 8800 and these nvidia cards are super hot.



as long as their fan is working you cant damage anything so just enjoy your games|||It's normal and can get very hot if you have a high graphics demanding game which is important to have a nice cooling system. My new system has 4 video cards with liquid cooling through out the entire system.|||Yes, that is why the good ones come with a fan.|||yes very normal.|||yes it does that

No comments:

Post a Comment